Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Laura's four4s

Hi everyone!




Today I will be explaining how (4 divided by 4) + (4 divided by 4)=2 and 4/4 + 4/4=2 are the same.




The way I learned it, when you write fractions the line means divided by. Which makes sense, because 4/4=1 whole, and 4 divided by 4 equals 1. (Which is a whole number). Therefore, when you add the 2 wholes together, you get 2 correct?




I hope that made sense. Here is a picture just in case:








Thanks for reading my post! Please leave your comments and don't be afraid to tell me if I did something wrong and I'll do my best to fix it.

~Laura~

4 comments:

  1. i like your scribepost was very understandable. you should put brackets>>(4 divided by 4)+(4 divided by 4)...

    GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Laura! i have a different answer though probably that's why i can't understand it. but the diagram that you put helped alot.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys! To Althea; you're right, I should have brackets. I'll edit them in as soon as I can. To Nadine; I'm glad the graphs helped! Thanks again.

    ~Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    Its Mr Montgomery from Australia here.

    I am very impressed with the quality of your blog posts.

    They are a great model for my year 8s

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Statcounter

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP