Friday, October 30, 2009
Telisa's Bob 1 & 2, ratio's, October 30, 2009
Bob #1 ...
This is My Bob, Sorry for it being late ...
Legend * Headings, Definitions, Answers / work, My notes, questions. *
Three Term ( part ) Ratio - comparing three quantities measured in the same units.
Red to Blue to all
2 : 3 : 12
Blue to Silver to Purple
3 : 1 : 1
~~~~~~~~~ Part to Part Ratio : Comparing one part of a group to another part of the same group
Red to Green
2 : 3
Silver to Blue
1 : 3
Gold to Red
1 : 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~Part to Whole Ratio : Comparing one part of a group to the whole group
Blue to all
3 : 12
Red to all
2 : 12
Apparently I am supposed to choose one of the ratios I just did and show it in ...
Ratio - 3 : 12
Ratio Notation - three to twelve or Blue to all
Fraction - 3 / 12 or Blue / all
Decimal - 0.25
Percent - 25 %
My three question's are ..
1) If I double the amount of crayons I have then what will the ratio of Blue, Red, Green to all be.
2) What would the percent be of the ratio 7 : 140.
3) What is the decimal answer for 9 : 58.
What Did you get wrong on the Test.. How can you improve...
1) Most of my faults were because i did not convert the ratios to there lowest terms.
The reason why i had trouble with this was because Mr.Harbeck told us to only convert it to lowest terms if the question said to and because of that I did not convert it unless it said to.
2) The only question i had a real problem's with was # 12, 13, and 14.
In a group of 84 students surveyed, the ratio of student preferenceis seven oatmeal eaters to four granola eaters to three toasted O eaters.
12. Of the 84 students, how many prefur oatmeal.
13. Of the 84students, how many prefur granola.
14. what percent ( to one decimal place ) of the group prefurs Toasted O's .
Another Question that gave me trouble was ...
Write each ratio in lowest terms,
8 : 32 ~~~~
10 : 80 ~~~~
5 : 125 ~~~~
18 : 27 ~~~~
Thank You for reading my Post ...Please Comment
( extra: to get a ÷ sign hold down option* alt* and press the back slash * / * button )