Tuesday, October 20, 2009
BoB Ratio, Asham
Yes I know the pictures big lol. Okay, I'll get started on my post.
3 Part to Part Ratios
*Lights to Darks - 6 : 6 in word ratio that's L : D, simplified that's 3 : 3
*Reds to Greens - 2 : 3 in word ratio that's R : D, simplified that's 1 : 1½.
*Blues to Oranges - 3 : 1, in word ratio that's B : O, simplified that's 1½ : ½.
Please tell me if one of these are wrong, because I have a feeling that they might be.
Part to Whole Ratios
Lightest to Whole - 6 : 12 or 3 : 6 - WORD RATIO --> Lightest to Whole or L : W
Reds to Whole - 2 : 12 or 1 : 6 - WORD RATIO --> Reds to Whole or R : W
Three part ratios
Reds to Greens to Blues - 2:3:3
Greens to Metallic to Reds - 3:2:2
I choose 2:3
In a fraction
Decimal - 0.66666666666666666666666666666667 in full but to make things less precise lol, 0.6.
Percent - 66.666666666666666666666666666667% precise, but we can just put 66.66%
*Tell me if I messed up on the percentage.
My Three Questions
1. Define a part to part ratio, in your own words.
2. What is the ratio of Reds compared to total in lowest terms?
3. Explain how you go the answer of number 2.
BOB PART 2
3. One of the mistakes I made on my test was not bringing a calculator. And for the last question, yeah I got the right answer, but I didn't show my work.
Example of answer I put for question
Ok there were 485 votes 60% voted for her
242.5 is half of 485
291 = 60%
(Didn't show how I got any of that)
(Didn't add word ratios)
(Didn't Make a graph)
Next time in the future for a test I need to bring my calculator, pencil, and eraser, and I have to show my work.
4. They're are school president elections and the runner up. There is a child named Elmo and 60% voted for this child. There are 500 votes in total. How many people voted for Elmo?*SHOW YOUR WORK
Word Ratio - E:T (Elmo Votes to Total Votes)
Okay so we know that 500 ÷ 2 = 250.
For the rest I used a graph:
Thats my graph and the answer is 300. Elmo got 300/500 votes (60%), or 300:500 votes.
There was one more question I had problems with, because I never learned how to do lowest terms (I know how now) was Q15 (Write these in lowest terms).
50:100 8:20 49:70 20:50
1:2 2:5 7:10 2:5
ONE SEC, IM EDITING, I need to put answer in the comments I think