Monday, December 7, 2009

Kevin's Pay it Forward

Hello classmates,

Part 1:


Pay it Forward , is a movie where a little boy gets an assignment from his teacher to make a difference in the world by helping someone that need's help. So what he did was he made some sort of tree where he helps 3 people , and each of those people help 3 people and so on.

Part 2:

My Pay it Forward act of kindness was to go to the Philippine Canadian Center of Manitoba and help them set up for a Filipino Festival of Lantern event. I chose this activity because I wanted to help my fellow Filipino's in Winnipeg with this event. I helped many people especially these 2 ladies sell some food. I helped some ladies sell food, stack chairs, and put some decorations up on the wall. I did my act of kindness on Sunday, December 06, 2009 because this was the date of the event.


Part 3:

My act of kindness was I went to the P.C.C.M (Philippine Canadian Center of Manitoba) and helped people set up for an event called " The Filipino Festival of Lantern." They was also a celebration for the 50th year of Filipino immigration in Canada. What happened was when I got there, I helped put up some decorations on the walls and set up some chairs for the guests that were going to watch the event. After I was done helping with the chairs, I helped 2 ladies sell some food for the guests that were hungry. It felt good helping those people because I knew that I was helping people for a good cause and I helped them for free. I don't really know their reactions because I'm not sure if they were happy because I helped them or if they were happy because they sold a lot of money to donate to the Philippines. I didn't ask them to pay it forward because they were already fundraising money to send to the Philippines by selling food and they were doing all of this for free.

Part 4:

The idea of "Pay it Forward" is really important because if everyone in the world does something good for someone other than their selves, it can really help the world for the people that are less fortunate for some people. I think that my act of kindness has did a bit of a difference because I was the only kid helping out and other kids might think of doing something good as well.

1 comment:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Statcounter

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP