Sunday, December 13, 2009

How I Stopped An Alien Invasion Using Proportions

WARNING !!! ALIEN INVASION !!!

It was just this morning when an alien was seen... landing.
He is a scout for his planet, and when he sends a signal to his mother ship through his computer... this planet will be no more.
I have managed to get a hold of his computer, but in order to deactivate it I need to answer three proportion questions.

QUESTION #1

Delia was paid $35 for 5 hours of babysitting.
How much should she receive for 3 hours, use a unit rate to find the answer.



Delia should receive $21.00 for 3 hours of work.








QUESTION #2


Last night 30 cm of snow fell in six hours, how long will it take for 45 cm to fall?



First I divided 30 by 2 and I got 15, after that I multiplied it by 3 and got my final answer of 45. In the hour column i divided six by 2 and got 3 then i multiplied it by 3 to get 9.

My final answer is ...

It will take 9 hours.



QUESTION #3

A small gear turns 18 times in the same time a larger gear turns 4, how many times will the large gear turn if the small one turns 54 times ?
Use a diagram to help solve the problem.


In my diagram it shows that if the small gear turns 54 times then the larger gear will turn 12 times









And that people is how I saved the earth.

PLEASE COMMENT !!! SORRY FOR IT BEING LATE...

Questions : Blue
Answers : Purple
Other : Black

2 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Statcounter

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP