Friday, December 4, 2009

How I stopped an Alien Invasion using proportion

It was night and I was getting ready to sleep, then all of a sudden there was a flash of light outside. I went to see what it was, It was a spaceship. I got scared and brought my mom with me. :) The alien said "Hello people in front of us, we will destroy your planet in 10 minutes!" "But If you want to save your planet, you have to do 3 proportional problems!" So my mom went back in and I had to do it by myself.

These are the questions I chose.

#19 pg 68
Determine the missing value in each equivelent fraction.
3=18=x9
x4=24=12
To solve this, use the information that was already given so to get to 3 using 18 divide by 6 so what you do to one side you do to the other , and to get to 9 from 18 divide by 2

#18 pg 68
At an amusement park, a new thrill ride was introduced. It costs $7.50 for 3 rides on the wild slider.
a) $/# of rides

7.50/3
2.50/1

$2.50/per ride

To figure the unit rate you have yo make the # of rides 1 so divide by 3 and what you do to one side you do to the other.

b) $/#of rides
2.50/1
45/8

$45/18 ride

$ = 7.50 = 45
#of rides = 3= 18

To do this, since you know the unit rate you multiply that by 18 and you do the same to the other side and you get your answer.

#10 pg 67
Set up a proportion for each situation

a) # of beans = 10 beans = 30 beans
mass = 17 g = 51 g

To set up a proportion all you do is put it like that or in a table.

Thanks For Reading! =P












3 comments:

  1. good explanations edmil, you could have explained more on #10 pg 67 other than that it was good, great colour highlighting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Edmil! Yeah like Ronny had said you could have explained better on question then. Oh the other hand the other questions were done very well! Anyways good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Edmil, you made a good story! I like how you used lots of colors and pictures but you should have made it more like a story. Overall, you did very good!

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Statcounter

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP