Friday, November 13, 2009

So I was in my backyard one night and a UFO came down. A alien came out and said "I've heard you know how to do proportions and I want you to do three for me or I will destroy this planet." So then I thought about these three questions I rocked during math class.
15.Set up a proportion you could use to find the number of small
squares in Figure 7.





If you divide each figure by 2 you will get the same number of squares as the figure number. Times 7 by 2 to get 14.
16. A gardener takes a half hour to mow and weed a lawn that measures 20 m by 15 m. He charges $25 per hour. How much should the gardener receive for a lawn that
measures 40 m by 30 m?
If the mower takes half an hour to mow the lawn and there is twice as much grass as there was then, then there is twice the time which means it took him an hour. So the lawn mower got the full 25$.
Now the aliens are starting to leak purple and I don't want to know what that is.
21. David can saw a log into three pieces in 7 min. If he continues sawing at a constant rate, how long will it take him to saw a similar log into six pieces?
Six is twice as long as three so the time will be twice as long as well. So 7 times two is 14. The answer is 14 minutes.
Now the aliens are scared so much that one is actually leaking green. So the leader admits I am suppuier and they never mess around with my math skills again. But as they left I could've sworn I heard one of them saying something about my art skills.







1 comment:

  1. Nice Job Reuben! I liked how you explained everything yet, you should had have solved this using a ratio table or a proportion table. Anyways Good job!

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Statcounter

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP