Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Warren's 2 Minutes 2 Make a Difference Reflection





Please reflect and talk about the changes you made between the first and final cut of your movie. Were the student comments helpful in making your final cut better?
First of all, I would just like to say that our first video wasn't really what we expected it to be, because we thought that we didn't put enough effort in it at all. To me personally, I think everything was really bad about it except for the sound. The voices were horrible and I thought that it really wasn't a movie. So what we've done was gone to Warren's house, and we actually
tried to make a better video. We changed everything such as the pictures, the format of our 1st video, and we also took out our voices because we didn't really know how to put voices into it because the first one just didn't work well. To be totally honest, I am a little disappointed in myself, because I feel that I didn't work to the best of my ability for this HUGE project and I am totally never going to make that mistake again!


If you did not find an expert tell us why you were unsuccessful. Be honest.
Unfortunately, my group and weren't able to get hold of a expert on child labor in chocolate factories because none of them responded. We did our best to try and find one, we searched it up on Google, we sent many emails too as much experts as possible, but nothing. Our group also planned on asking our parents for their help, and let us know if they knew anyone who had enough experience.


What was your greatest success in the 2 minutes project. What skills will you take away with you and use in the future?
I think that one of my greatest successes is learning how to edit and create movies on Windows Movie Maker.
It was easy once I got the hang of it and I also learned how some chocolate is made by kids that are forced to work and don't get paid much for their salary. A skill that I will take along with me in the future and use is the skill of using Windows Movie Maker because that would come in handy when I do another video project.

What frustrated you during the movie making process? What strategies did you use to become successful?
What frustrated me was how long it took to figure out how to use Windows Movie Maker but in the end we figured out how to use it and finished the movie. It also frustrated me how we couldn't find and expert on child slavery that we could interview. We did look for experts and we emailed them, but none of them responded. Overall, I think that it is best to stay calm instead of freaking out because if we freak out, we start to forget about the things we could still do. That is how I became successful.


Why is the 2 Minutes project important to Grade 8 Students?
I think thatthe 2 minutes project was important for us grade 8 students because it teaches us and educates us about the other things in life. The things we don't notice that need the most help ever. Things like child slavery in chocolate factories. Not much people think about how it affects their lives and the lives of the children who are working. So, making a video is showing other people that there are other things that need to be noticed and we can't be selfish and think of ourselves.


How will you make a difference in the future?
I will make a difference by telling and asking people to help to stop child slavery. Making another movie or short video like this one would really help to spread awareness on the cause and maybe I would make another video but with different information. I will also choose to buy fair trade chocolate instead of the ones that use child slavery.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Statcounter

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP