Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Jennifer's Surface Area Growing Post :]

Hello Everyone!


Feel free to listen to some music while reading my post !


Rectangular Prism
What does it look like?


What would it look like if it was a net?

What formulas you use to calculate this?
The formula I would use is the finding the area of the top, bottom, side faces and find their area then multiply by two to get the other side. Once I have all six faces, I add all of them up to find the surface area of a rectangular prism.


Calculate the Surface Area.


Triangular Prism

What does it look like?

What would it look like if it was a net?

What formulas you use to calculate the surface area?
The formulas I would use is the base multiply by height divide by two equals then I would find the flat faces and find out the areas of them. Once I found them I use the Total Surface Area formula which is Triangle + Triangle + Rectangle + Rectangle + Rectangle.

Calculate the Surface Area.


Cylinder
What does it look like?

What would it look like if it was a net?

What formulas you use to calculate the surface area?
The formula I would use to find the surface area of the cylinder is two multiply by pi times radius squared plus pi times diameter times height.

Calculate the Surface Area.


And here's a video to show you how to calculate the surface area of a rectangular prism, cylinder, and a triangular prism.


Thanks for Reading My post!

1 comment:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Statcounter

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP